Your Annual gift does so much!
Federation’s Annual Campaign helps more Jews – by far – daily and in times of crisis – than any other Jewish charity.
- Your one gift is distributed to support more than 150 beneficiaries, programs, or services in the Capital Region, in Israel, and worldwide.
- Federation allocates based on priorities – transcending politics, vested interests, and religion.
- Federation dollars provide hope, haven, and relief for Jews endangered or in distress.
- A key Federation priority is helping the most people at the lowest cost. Campaign overhead is amazingly low (11%). This means philanthropic dollars go overwhelmingly to help people.
Ways to give a gift to the Annual Campaign
Gifts to the annual Federation/Israel Campaign are due December 31.
Please contact Katherine Pattee, with any questions about your Federation donation, 783-7800, ext 224.
Frequently asked questions
What are a few examples of how Federation makes a difference in the Capital Region?
- Federation distributes $65,000 in financially need-based scholarships for Jewish children to participate in Jewish camp and Israel experiences and $56,947 to enable local Jewish children with special learning needs to participate in area religious schools.
- Federation allocates $40,000 for Project 5, a volunteer transportation service coordinated through JFS, which provides door-to-door service for Jewish elders to participate in daily activities.
- Federation funds a full range of formal and informal Jewish educational programs for children, teenagers, and adults to inspire Jewish continuity.
What are some of the urgent humanitarian needs in Israel?
- Currently, 36% of Israeli children are poor, a jump of 1 percentage point from 2011.
- An estimated 700,000 adults have physical, sensory, cognitive, or mental disability, or suffer from a chronic illness that limits their daily functioning.
- 33% of its elderly live below the poverty line including immigrants and Holocaust survivors.
The Federation system funds many programs to deal with these concerns. More dollars are needed!
What are some of the ways your gift to Federation helps Jews overseas?
- In Ethiopia, Federation/JDC provides health services at the Gondar clinic i.e., medications, immunizations, a health program for babies, and pre- and post-natal care for mothers.
- Federation/JDC delivers meal packages and medical assistance to more than 270,000 Jewish elderly in the Former Soviet Union.
- Throughout Eastern Europe, Federation/JDC is the difference between life and starvation.
Does Federation respond to crises around the world?
- Absolutely! Whenever and wherever there is a crisis, Federation responds in SOS fashion with rescue, refuge, and relief. Because the program and service infrastructure already exists in Israel and in Jewish communities worldwide, Federation can react immediately.
- The Federation system established “The Fund for Victims of Terror” to care and financially support the victims (and families) of terror attacks.
Does Federation allow donors to direct their philanthropy?
Donors can direct the increased portion of their gift to close social gaps in Israel, to local needs, to the victims of terror, to combat global Jewish poverty, or “connect” American Jewish youth.