Today is April 24, 2018 -
As 2017 comes to a close, Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York would like to give thanks and remind you that you truly can make a difference in the lives of others.
Locally, in the Capital Region:
• 60 children, faced with serious financial challenges, were able to attend Jewish summer camps this past summer.
• 250 seniors were served by chaplaincy staff and volunteers.
• Hundreds of local inner-city school age children received one-on-one literacy support through the Capital Region Jewish Coalition for Literacy program.
• 35 community organization learned security preparedness before the High Holidays.
• 1,000 children throughout the Capital Region receive PJ Library and PJ Our Way books each month and attend programming held all across the region.
Nationally and globally, Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York belongs to the largest association of Jewish philanthropies in North America that:
• Rescues, shelters, and clothes families who, at this moment, are still recovering from the most devastating hurricane season in decades.
• Counsels, shelters, and supports women-and their children-fleeing from abuse.
• Encourages and educates young Jews to embrace our culture and traditions.
• Brings heat and warm clothing to impoverished Jews struggling to make it through another brutal Eastern European winter.
• Delights and entertains young patients in children’s hospitals, where the fight against overwhelming illness never seems to end.
Your thoughtful gift of just $18, $36, $54 or $100 to Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York shines your light of hope and delivers relief to thousands of people here, in Israel, and in more than 70 countries worldwide. Your tax-deductible gift will reach thousands of people every day.
Please consider making a donation online today.
Thank you in advance for the compassion you are about to extend. Please accept our wishes for a joyous and meaningful 2018.
David E. Siegfeld,
Chair, General Campaign
Jean Becker and Reeva Nowitz,
Co-Chairs, Women’s Philanthropy Campaign