A Special Kristallnacht Observance | Via three videos
A virtual observance to commemorate the 82nd anniversary of Kristallnacht and mark the 28th year of confronting bigotry to unite the community against prejudice in the Capital Region.
- Kristallnacht Observance with Holocaust survivors, a child of survivors, and more.
- AVAILABLE NOW! View here: https://vimeo.com/476001768
- Dr. Stephen M. Berk presents REHEARSAL FOR THE HOLOCAUST
- AVAILABLE NOW! View here: https://vimeo.com/475169917
- On the nights of November 9 and 10, 1938, a ferocious attack by the Nazi Party on German and Austrian Jewish communities took place. Murder, rape, and the incarceration of more than 30,000 Jewish men occurred, as did the destruction of 191 synagogues and the deaths of 91 people. It was an inkling of more murderous times to come.
- Dr. Berk is a Henry and Sally Schaffer Professor of Holocaust and Jewish Studies at Union College
- Special Limited-Time Film Screening of SAVIORS IN THE NIGHT
This film will be available from November 17 – 20, 2020
- AVAILABLE NOW! View here: https://vimeo.com/474565640 / Password: Menemsha
- Saviors in the Night, a story of heroism, moral courage, and humanity, is based on the true story of Marga Spiegel of Germany whose husband was decorated with the Iron Cross in World War I. Spiegel seeks out his old comrade, Heinrich Aschoff, a farmer who endangers his own family as he agrees to shelter Spiegel’s wife, Marga, and daughter, Karen, at his farm from 1943 to 1945, saving them from the death camps. He and others are honored by Yad Vashem for their actions. Saviors in the Night delivers a powerful message about moral courage and honors these silent heroes.
Sponsor: Holocaust Survivors & Friends Education Center and Jewish Federation of NENY