Jewish Federation Community Engagement Summit
Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 1:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York
184 Washington Avenue Extension
Add to iCal | Add to Google Calendar
Jewish Federation of Northeastern New York is uniquely situated to bring resources and skill-building opportunities to all of our local partners in a meaningful way. Join us for this half-day session to further and continue dialogue amongst local professionals and lay leaders.
The 2019 Community Engagement Summit is designed to:
- Convene the community of professionals and lay leaders who are situated to or are already working on efforts with/for the engagement of participants in their 20’s and 30’s with or without families;
- Create clarity around the world of “engagement” including definitions, assumptions, skills building, and professional development;
- Cultivate the tremendously important communal conversation about the younger demographics’ and marginalized populations’ relationship to organized Jewish institutional life as it pertains to their Jewish journeys;
- Continue framing infrastructure for local professionals and lay leaders as a cohort of well-trained builders of our vibrant and diverse community;
- Collaborate with and learn from thought leaders around the engagement sphere at national organizations.
Keynotes & Facilitators:
- 1:00-1:15 PM: Registration
- 1:30-2:30 PM: Lay Leader/Professional welcome; introductions and summit goals; keynote
- 2:30-2:40 PM: Break
- 2:40-3:30 PM: First breakout session (two options)
- 3:50-4:00 PM: Break, snacks, refuel
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Second breakout session (two options)
- 5:00-5:15 PM: Break
- 5:15-5:40 PM: Dinner in specified partner organization groups
- 5:45-630 PM: Wrap-up session; community planning
All costs associated with the summit, including teachers, materials, and refreshments, are being sponsored in full by the Federation. Each partner organization is invited to select two professionals and two lay leaders to participate in the summit at our cost (please select “Complimentary Summit RSVP” below). While we encourage more communal members’ involvement, any additional attendees will incur a $25 fee per person.
Questions? Contact KB Goodkin, Director of Community Engagement & Advancement (518) 783-7800 ext. 222.
Bookings are closed for this event.