We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and an upbeat attitude to join our team as a Clerical Assistant. The responsibilities of the Clerical Assistant include assisting management and all visitors to the Synagogue by providing polite, professional, and cheerful assistance in person as well as over the phone, mail, and e-mail while being able to handle office tasks such as answering and directing calls, sorting daily mail, maintaining filing systems and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
Candidates should possess
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong communication skills, telephone etiquette, and great computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel), Outlook, Publisher.
• Professional, polite and attentive demeanor while interacting with visitors. Display a genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
• Technical expertise, including web-based programs, websites and donor management.
Clerical Assistant Responsibilities:
• Answering and directing calls, taking messages, and making phone calls on behalf of the Synagogue.
• Sorting and distributing the daily mail
• Using office equipment to check emails, send faxes, make copies, and update computer databases.
• Sorting, filing, and maintaining filing systems for efficient recordkeeping and easy retrieval.
• Completing assignments and projects according to instructions from supervisors.
Clerical Assistant Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Attention to detail.
• Competency with computers, physical and digital filing systems, and typing.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Good problem-solving skills.
• Professionalism, discretion, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
• Experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software.
Knowledge of Jewish Religion/Culture and Hebrew preferred, but not required.