Jewish Community Chaplain sought to serve as in-house chaplain in senior continuum of care community (50%) and as regional resource (25-50%).
- Serving as the in-house Chaplain for Daughters of Sarah Community for Seniors.
- Serving as community-wide chaplain for Jewish residents in other long-term care facilities, providing Jewish education and support to activities and related staff and provide pastoral care for Jewish residents;
- Training community volunteers who offer Jewish holiday, cultural and traditional activities to residents;
- Liaising with community rabbis and clergy to ensure residents and families in long-term care settings have option of receiving pastoral care.
- Providing guidance for Jewish holiday information and community-wide displays.
- Coordinate and manage distribution of Jewish holiday newsletter and similar communications to promote education as to Jewish holiday customs and traditions.
- Collaborate with Jewish and non-Jewish community professionals and volunteers to promote understanding and appreciation and innovations for Jewish pastoral care.
- Serve on Jewish Community Committee for Aging and related committees.
Please visit https://www.jfsneny.org/employment/employment-opportunities/ to learn more.