Sports & Membership Coordinator
Reports To: Interim Director
The Sports & Membership Coordinator is responsible for all membership efforts at the Schenectady Jewish Community Center (SJCC). The main focus of this position is membership sales, retention, youth/adult sports programing and associated functions necessary to achieve excellent results. This includes assuring that each member’s relationship with the JCC starts out positive in the membership intake process and continues successfully in all of the transactions and interactions that the member has with the JCC. This position will also actively sell the SJCC as a premier venue for private events, create and maintain good client relationships, and oversees all events at the SJCC. The Sports & Membership Coordinator is expected to be innovative, imaginative and an enthusiastic role model for members and other staff. The Sports & Membership Coordinator must embrace the SJCC’s mission and strategic plan in guiding current and future efforts.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proper intake of all new members.
- Maintaining an accurate and updated list of all current JCC members.
- Taking potential and new members on tours of the JCC in order to identify how
the JCC can best meet their needs.
- Organizing special events geared towards membership recruitment and retention.
- Serving as a contact person for request for JCC information by local agencies,
organizations and other JCCs.
- Staying current with competitive marketplace, both locally and nationally.
- Staying current with internal programs and services.
- Work with PR firm to create marketing/promotional material
- Facilitating a positive growth image of the JCC in the community.
- Collaborating with JCC staff and volunteer leadership to create and present membership options geared to current assessments of membership needs.
- Creating new opportunities for non-members to add to their participation in the JCC.
- Developing working relationships with area synagogues, communal organizations and agencies, schools, organizations and businesses related to the work of the JCC.
- Manage membership experience and special events for Family Pool and Tennis Club.
- Staff a membership/marketing committee.
II. Athletic Programing
- Create, supervise and encourage adult/youth programing and leagues to generate revenue through fees and outside rentals
- Promote the Sports & Wellness department in the community and build bonds with outside civic, athletic, medical and wellness organizations.
- Oversee JCC sports teams and build connections with local teams and leagues
- Coordinate with Albany JCC for delegations for Junior Maccabi & Maccabi Games.
- Creating & maintaining meaningful tracking & reporting systems.
- Creating consistent and reliable sales reports that will help JCC staff and volunteer leaders have an accurate, meaningful, and timely picture of JCC membership.
- Presenting sales reports, including interpretations and recommendations, to JCC staff.
- Will provide supervision over Fitness & Aquatics Department in absence of either Department Director.
- Coordinate with Fitness & Aquatics directors to ensure appropriate coverage in the Sports & Wellness department including managing staff and providing oversight as needed.
- Serving as an agent for soliciting outside rentals of facilities including but not limited to responding to facility inquires, creating rental agreements and providing facility tours.
- Work with maintenance staff for proper setup
- Ensure proper staffing for events
- Participating in fundraising efforts as defined by the Executive Director.
- This will be a salaried position including evenings and weekends. Hours may change from time to time based on the needs of the JCC.
- Attending staff meetings is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 3 + years of marketing or sports management experience.
- Ability to relate well with staff & community contacts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of basic graphics/design is a big plus.
- Detail oriented and well-organized, with the ability to plan projects, activities and schedules several months in advance.
- Flexible and able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ensuring that all transactions are handled efficiently, politely and in a manner that is consistent with the accounting policies established by the JCC.
- A positive, upbeat sprit, “can do” attitude and great sense of fun!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This document is not to be considered a contract for employment nor a guarantee of continued employment. This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.
Updated as of 9/20/17