Are you interested in being a part of Sprout Tzevet (Staff)? We’re looking for creative, energetic, caring people to make a difference in the lives of the children that join us at camp. Camp Sprout Lake is a residential, summer camp located in Verbank, NY, just over an hour north of NYC. Counselors live in bunk and supervise campers grades 2nd-8th.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR STAFF MEMBERS IN ALL AREAS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Arts & Crafts
- Current Junior in high school or older
- Experience working with children is a plus (we provide extensive training)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit patience and understanding
- Ability to receive and follow detailed instruction
- Capable of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing, environment
- Ability to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for an extended period of time
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions is a plus
- Be a positive role model
- Provide a physically and mentally safe and healthy environment, while having fun!
- Establish a relationship with each camper and providing support to ensure a successful summer
- Mediate campers problems and offer effective solutions, and asking for help from supervisors when needed
- Help campers prepare for each day, ensuring proper hygiene, appropriate clothing for weather and activities
- Other as determined by supervisor
Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.