This program will cover the basics of Alzheimer’s and dementia to provide a general overview for people who are facing a diagnosis as well as those who wish to be informed.
This one-hour program:
* Explores the relationship between Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
* Examines what happens in a brain affected by Alzheimer’s
* Details the risk factors for and three general stages of the disease
* Identifies FDA-approved treatments available to treat some symptoms
* Looks ahead to what’s on the horizon for Alzheimer’s research
* Offers helpful Alzheimer’s Association resources
This is a virtual event. Registrants will be emailed a link to participate via Zoom or to call in.
Sponsor: Jewish Family Services, Albany NNORC, and Alzheimer's Association of NENY