Community & Interfaith Relations
The Community Relations department supports Jewish Federation’s mission of Tikkun Olam—repairing the world. We work to build a strong interfaith community to stand together against prejudice, build bridges for all in the community, assist our community with security preparedness, educate and advocate for Israel, heighten consciousness and remembrance of the Holocaust, and bring the lessons of the Holocaust to today.
Community & Interfaith Relations Programs & Initiatives
- Annual security briefings for Jewish community agencies, synagogues, and institutions with the FBI, Albany Division, New York State Police Counter-Terrorism, and local law enforcement. In addition, we assist all Jewish institutions with their security needs and protection.
- Jewish Coalition for Literacy (JCL)
- Teaching & Learning About Israel workshops for area middle and high school teachers
- Annual Kristallnacht Interfaith Commemoration
- Assistance with Yom Hashoah commemorations throughout the region
- Promoting Inter-Religious Understanding & Combating Bigotry through Interfaith, Jewish–Catholic Dialogue, and Schenectady Interfaith Community programs
- Jewish Holy Days & Festivals 3-Year Calendar distributed to school districts, officials, colleges, and government agencies throughout the region as a guide to scheduling with sensitivity to the needs of Jewish students and staff