Thank you for the outpouring of concern for my daughter and son-in-law after mentioning in my last article that rockets were being fired at them. I received several calls and emails checking on their safety. They lost a few nights of sleep and a few days of work productivity, but both are doing well, as their lives return to normal post cease-fire.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to our special Israel emergency fund. In response to our emergency rally last week, we raised $55,000. For those who have asked, our funds do not go to the Israeli government and are not used by the military, but rather (as I’ve previously shared) are used to:
- replenish the Victims of Terror Fund that provided immediate cash relief to victims and their families within 24 hours after an attack.
- support the recently arrived Ethiopians who are experiencing great trauma from the violence.
- support the American students who just arrived in Israel.
- support the Israel Trauma Coalition.
- support the JDC and its provisions of social welfare to the most disadvantaged.
- support our friends in Eshkol, who live on the Gaza border under the constant threat of rocket fire.
Thank you to my colleague Karen at the Federation of Dutchess County for inviting us to join her community to watch “The Red Sea Diving Resort” last night and the upcoming panel discussion on June 6. The movie was very good. If you haven’t seen it, please catch it on Netflix and join us for the discussion.
Thank you to JFNA, ADL, AJC, Hadassah, OU, Reconstructing Judaism, USCJ, URJ, CCAR, RA, RCA, AEPi, and a plethora of other Jewish organizations for hosting a Day of Action Against Antisemitism yesterday. More than 20,000 people attended the virtual event.
Thank you to those members of the American armed services who gave their lives to ensure our freedoms. This weekend, we remember their ultimate sacrifice as we continue to pray and work for a complete and lasting peace.
To receive this weekly email message from our President and CEO, Rob Kovach, please join our email list!