JFS is seeking a bachelor’s level marketing intern to promote the JFS Chaplaincy Support program. This internship will provide exposure to the non-profit marketing sector, offer an opportunity to work in several communication platforms, and to sharpen writing and design tools.
The JFS Chaplaincy Support program provides spiritual connections and support for Jewish residents in area care facilities; consultation/education with facility staff on Jewish traditions, holiday preparations and food guidelines/restrictions; and bereavement support throughout the region.
- Review and update eight editions of a short newsletter that is sent to long-term care facility activities directors before the Jewish holidays.
- Update the JFS database of activities directors.
- Create social media (Facebook & Instagram) posts to share the newsletter with the online JFS community.
- Create and schedule social media posts for all Jewish holidays for 2024.
- Coordinate the preparation and distribution of Passover gift bags for Jewish residents in care and JFS staff.
- Assist in the development of fundraising materials for the Chaplaincy Program.
- Report to the Director of Marketing in coordination with the JFS Community Chaplain.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently.
- Highly organized and possess strong writing and communication skills.
- Social media skills including ability to design attractive, JFS-branded posts in Canva or Adobe Express.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office including Publisher.
- Possess an eye for graphic design.
For consideration, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Family Services