Established Jewish day school in Albany NY seeks a part-time bookkeeper (10-15 hours per month) to join our administrative staff. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has a working knowledge of QuickBooks Online, can work collaboratively, and is able to work remotely with occasional in-person presence.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review, create and enter journal entry from payroll reports
- Run reports from tuition company to reconcile all payments against invoices and make deposit into QBO
- Review Paypal account and work with Business Manager to receive invoices and transfer and deposit into QBO
- Monthly bank and credit card reconciliations via online access and downloads
- Update and reconciliation of investment accounts
- Review of Balance Sheet and Statement of Activities for proper account coding
- Drop off reconciliations and meet with Business Manager and/or Head of School to review activity and upcoming events
- Prepare schedules and reconciliations for annual audit (i.e. payroll accrual, prepaid expenses)
- Work with Business Manager and auditors during audit fieldwork
- Enter and adjust annual budget into QBO, as approved by the Board of Trustees
- Check and answer emails
- Meet with the VP of Finance, Head of School, and Business Manager as needed.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.