A Lead Teacher is responsible for executing lesson plans, activities for the day, and for working cooperatively with his/her Assistant Teacher by providing direction to effectively manage the classroom. A great Lead Teacher is one who takes initiative, is reliable, and is able to easily form relationships with young children.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide age appropriate care for each child
- Lead the class by creating a curriculum and providing engaging activities for the students
- Follow the directions and assignments given by the ECE Director and/or Assistant Director
- Help to maintain a well-organized, supervised, safe, and attractive classroom environment conducive to the optimal growth and development of the infants or children
- Remain in compliance with OCFS regulations
- Assist children in developing their social and cognitive skills as well as provide them with basic education.
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests, and keep parents informed about their child’s development
- Accept responsibility for specific assignments at the discretion of the Director
- Attend monthly staff meetings and accrue a specified number of training hours
- Participate in the swim program under the direction of the swim instructor