SCHEDULE: Seasonal/Part Time – 10-20 hours/month October – December; 10 hours/week January – April. Must be available Tuesday – Thursday 9am – 2pm.
The VITA Coordinator will support with the planning and administration of Trinity Alliance’s VITA program for the duration of the tax filing season. The VITA Coordinator will support with training and retaining volunteers, and with running all aspects of the tax preparation program for the 2023 season.
- Ensure compliance with all IRS/VITA site requirements.
- Maintain relationships with IRS SPEC office, United Way, and key community partners.
- Support volunteer recruitment & retention.
- Ensure that all tax returns are electronically filed with IRS in a timely manner and that acknowledgements are received. All rejected returns are corrected or taxpayer is contacted.
- Ensures quality review process is followed for all tax returns.
- Maintains accurate record of volunteer certifications and hours.
- Support volunteer training and certification.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Able to complete all training and certification requirements (training provided) by January 2023.
- Strong computer skills (will input into tax return software)
- Able to work independently and problem solve.
- Must be flexible and dependable with ability to work events as needed.